ANNOUNCEMENTS FEBRUARY 21, 2018
· Attention all girls who will be trying out for the Sr. Girls Soccer team: sign-up sheets are now posted outside of room 218. Again, Sr. Girls soccer sign-up sheets are posted outside of room 218. The tryout dates are listed there as well.
· Jazz band is cancelled for tonight, see you next week.
· Another great curling game was held last night with Villanova taking a victory over Holy Names High School. Elise Brunet played her last game of her high school career as a Skip that truly led her team to victory. We will miss you next year. Emma Harris and Logan Delorey never gave up and swept their exhausted team to a happy win. The season is finally over team. Take a rest and see you on the ice in October.
· Yesterday the boys' hockey team opened their best of 3 semifinal playoff against Holy Names. The team won 2-0 with Mitchel Schmidt, and Jake Rosa scoring goals. Joel Badour was perfect between the pipes. A win this afternoon, and the team is off to the finals.
· Reminder to all those senior badminton players that tryouts begin tonight at 2:30. Junior tryouts are tomorrow Thursday Feb 22 at 2:30. Please see Mrs. La Porta if you have any questions.
· Model United Nations at Villanova is looking for new members to attend the University of Windsor Model UN conference with us; no experience is necessary; the University conference is in April, and anyone can join us tonight after school as the University reps will be here to coach us and answer questions. Do you enjoy politics, world issues, debating and philosophy; then this is the place for you..... we'd love new members. Tonight after school in room 131; meet in room 131 for Model UN debate team.
· Last call for any Grade 11 or 12 student that is interested in participating in the University of Toronto National Biology Competition, there is a sign-up sheet on the door of room 223, or please see Mr. Paronuzzi before the end of the day.
· On Wednesday February 28th, Canadian Blood Services will be hosting a blood drive here at Villanova. If you are 17 or older and wish to donate blood the sign-up sheets are on the counter in the LCC. See Ms. Russo or Mr. Roehler if you have any questions.
· A reminder that the Great Start Breakfast is taking place on March 7 and all grade 9s invited are encouraged to attend. Please fill in your response forms and put them in the box located in the main office.
· Would those students attending Thursday's Let's Talk Cancer Symposium at the University of Windsor please see Mr. Carosella at lunch for some last-minute forms and information.
· A reminder to any student wanting to come out for this year's track and field team that there is a meeting in the cafeteria, right now, that you must attend.
· On Thursday Villanova's Alpha group will meet again. All students are welcome to attend. We meet after school on Thursdays in room 212 and dinner is included for free! If you haven't had a chance to experience Alpha yet, feel free to come out and enjoy.
· The Junior Boys Basketball team is reminded that their team photo is today at 1:05 in the gymnasium hallway. Please bring your warm up as well.
· The girls hockey team had their first playoff game versus St. Joseph's the score was 7-0 for Villanova. The next game is at the Vollmer 2:30 come out to show your support.