Announcements October 15, 2014
· Would those students going to Niagara Falls next week, please meet in the atrium right now. Once again, those students going to Niagara Falls are to meet in the atrium right now.
· If you are interested in learning how to run the sound and light boards in the auditorium, the sound and tech club is for you. The first meeting will be Tuesday evening at 7pm until 8:30pm. Mr. Doug Drouillard who teaches sound and light technology from St.Clair College will be running the workshops. Sign up at the music room door (room 106).
· Attention Mrs. Muscedere's DYP Group. We will meet this Friday, October 17 during periods 3 and 4 in room 212 for our first activity. Please listen to the morning announcements for further details!
· Bring It On acting and singing auditions start today after school in room #112 the drama classroom. Last chance dance auditions will take place in the auditorium on both lunches. Please see Ms. Grado with any questions.
· The Sign Language club will be meeting today after school in room 202 at 2:30- that's 202 at 2:30 for anyone interested in learning Sign Language. See you there!
· All Peer Buddies are asked to pick up their buddy information and completed pictures from Friday's event in Room 115 sometime today.
· Last night the Sr. Girls basketball team won their 5th straight league game and improved to 5 and 1. The girls played well enough offensively, but had many defensive lapses in the first half and had a mere 9 point lead at half time. However, the girls buckled down and gave up a mere 13 point in the second half and cruised to a 54-35 win over Riverside. Leading scorers for the Wildcats were Alyssa Arundine with 16 and Rylee Welsh with 15. Special mention goes to all the guards for much improved passing and rebounding. Great job ladies
· Girl's Hockey Tryouts are Wednesday October 22nd and Wednesday October 29th at 3:15 in Amherstburg. The tryout fee is $30.00. If you have any questions contact Mrs. Curran in Prep 3 or in Room 219. A sign up sheet is posted on the door of Prep 3.
· Have you ever thought about a career in the skilled trades and technologies? Perhaps you want to try out College while in high school? If so, you and your parent are invited to find out more about the Apprenticeship pathway, the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program and Dual Credit opportunities with St. Clair College. Two sessions will be offered:
--> the first on Tuesday, October 21 at the Board Office
--> the second on Wednesday, October 29 at St. Anne High School at 6:00 pm
Visit www.wecdsb.on.ca for more information. See Mr.Byrne or Mrs.MacKinnon in the Co-op Office for more information.
· Student Parliament will be selling tickets for Friday's Homecoming dance on both lunches all week. Get your tickets early for $5 or for $7 at the door.
· The junior girls basketball team won their 4th straight game last night, beating the Riverside Rebels by ten points. Natalia Glaz led the the charge with 13 points and Kristen Swiatoschik earned game MVP with her rebounding and hustle. The win now puts the junior wildcats in first place in their division. The girls' next game is tomorrow night vs Tecumseh Vista in our gym.
· Attention hockey players: Boys' hockey try-outs start tomorrow, that's Thursday 3:00-4:00 at the Vollmer. Bring both $10 and a white a nd dark jersey.