Announcements October 20, 2014
· Have you ever thought about a career in the skilled trades and technologies? Perhaps you want to try out College while in high school? If so, you and your parent are invited to find out more about the Apprenticeship pathway, the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program and Dual Credit opportunities with St. Clair College. Two sessions will be offered:
--> the first on Tuesday, October 21 at the Board Office
--> the second on Wednesday, October 29 at St. Anne High School at 6:00 pm
Visit www.wecdsb.on.ca for more information. See Mr.Byrne or Mrs.MacKinnon in the Co-op Office for more information.
· The Chess Club will meet tomorrow after school in room 132. Everyone welcome!
· If you are interested in learning how to run the sound and light boards in the auditorium, the sound and tech club is for you. The first meeting will be Tomorrow evening at 7pm until 8:30pm. Mr. Doug Drouillard who teaches sound and light technology from St.Clair College will be running the workshops. Sign up at the music room door (room 106).
· "Bring It On" call backs will be held this Thursday after school. The call back list will be posted tomorrow on the drama door
· Students, please hand in your signed progress reports to your homeroom teacher as they were due back today. Homeroom teachers, please collect these and hand them in to Mrs. Pomponio in the main office today during your prep period. Please do not send these to the office with a student.
· On Friday, the tennis team had an exceptional day competing at the SWOSSAA tennis championships in Chatham. Patrick Glaz and Natalia Glaz each went undefeated to capture first place in both the boys' singles division and the girls' singles division. Due to their combined victories, Villanova was awarded the overall SWOSSAA tennis team title. Patrick and Natalia next compete at OFSAA in Toronto in the spring. As the fall tennis program comes to a close, congratulations go out to Nanette Tomasian, Sara Casoni, Patrick Glaz and Natalia Glaz for an outstanding season capturing WECSSAA silver and SWOSSAA gold.
· As the Tale of Two Cities cites; "It was the best of times and it was the worst of times', accurately describes the Sr. Girls Tournament at Fanshawe College. The girls stormed out and defeated Korah by 20 points and were active on the offensive and defensive end. However, the girls put up a less than courageous effort and were soundly defeated by an inferior team their next game. The last game of the weekend feature a weak effort for three quarters, followed by an incredible forth quarter in which they won 22 to 5. Unfortunately, they lost by 4. A very educational weekend it was. Practice tonight at 2:30.
· Attention dance team members! Just a reminder that rehearsal is in the dance room tonight at 230-430.
· Art club begins this Wednesday in room 111 from 2:30 until 4:00. All are welcome.
· A reminder that boys' hockey try-outs resume tomorrow at 3:00. Bring a white and a dark jersey.