Announcements November 3, 2014
• Attention all Female Students - Grades 9 through 12 You are invited to attend a career exploration event on the skilled trades. This event will highlight careers in the skilled trades and technologies. You will also have the opportunity to meet and network with tradeswomen in your community. The event takes place on Tuesday, November 25 at the St. Clair Centre for the Arts downtown from 5:00 - 8:45 p.m. Dinner will be provided. There is absolutelly no cost for you. Come out and see what opportunities there are for women in the skilled trades! More information is available in the Co-op Office. Participation forms need to be returned by Monday, November 10.
• Villanova girl’s hockey team opened the season with a 3-0 exhibition win over Holy Names. Netting a goal each were Allison Langille, Zoe Tromblay and Michelle Gomes. Brittany Lloyd and Erika Fryer shared the shutout with stellar play in the nets.
• The Villanova Chess Club will meet tomorrow in room 132 after school. Everyone welcome!
• There is a sound and tech meeting tomorrow night from 7pm until 8:30pm. Enter the school through the west doors, near the music room.
• The 2014 cross-country season concluded with the senior girls competing at the OFSAA championship in Waterloo. The girls ran through very cold and windy conditions and finished with a top 20 finish in the province. A special congratulations goes out to Taylor Conte who completed her Villanova cross-country career with her 4th consecutive trip to the provincial championship. Way to go girls.
• All Bring It On cast members must see Ms. Grado some time today to pick up a schedule. Rehearsals begin tomorrow
• A reminder that boys' hockey try-outs resume at 3:00 today at the Vollmer. Don't forget to bring Bring $10.00.