Announcements November 24, 2014
· This is a reminder that the Villanova weight room will be closed tonight due to the staff meeting. It will be open Wednesday night from 2:35 - 4:00.
· The Creative Writing group is reminded of their meeting tomorrow in room 214 from 2:30-4. They are also reminded to submit their work to the shared google drive document by tonight so that Mr. Hamelin can copy it.
· Members of the Villy Free Press are reminded to submit their articles ASAP so that the working copy of the November issue can be completed.
· This past weekend the SR. Girls basketball team competed as OFSAA. The girls played with intensity and determination and those were the key factors in the girls almost pulling off multiple upsets. The girls had an incredibly successful season. Special mention goes to graduating players Paige Carnahan, Aleyna and Jenna Rocheleau, and Rylee Welsh for having an outstanding High school career. Great job ladies.
· To those students helping Ms Russo with the upcoming blood drive, Please meet outside the science prep room at the beginning of home room today
· "Time has come again! The chess club will meet tomorrow after school in room 132. New members are always welcome!"
· This past week, the Senior Boys Volleyball Team participated in the OFSAA AAA Volleyball Championship held in Kingston, Ontario. The boys finished 3 and 1 in pool play and advanced to the championship quarterfinal at Queens University on Friday at 6:30pm. The boys lost the most exciting match the coaches have ever seen in 12 years. Each set went right to the wire. (25-22, 25-20, 23-25, 25-22). The boys represented us well on and off the court. All the boys were very disappointed with the loss but they should be proud. Villanova went from a team who had never won a semi-final match to a team that won 3 WECSSAA championships and participated in 3 OFSAA championships. The coaches couldn't be any prouder of this group of boys.
· The team bids farewell to Matthew Pebenito, Kevin Hillman, Dante Timperio, Dante Civiero, Alesio Stella, Marc Olivito, Jarrod Smith, Jon Grebe and Thomas Swiatoschik.
· Best of luck in the future and thank you for 4 great years.