Announcements December 17, 2014
• Last night the sr girls volleyball team defeated the Brennan Cardinals 3 sets to 0 by the scores of 25-6,25-14, 25-16. Madison Laramie and Jenna Rocheleau led the charge with 6 kills each while Savannah Marra played extremely good defense. This brings the sr Wildcats to a record of 15 and 0. Tomorrow night will be hosting the Belle River Noblesat 5:15. Come out and cheer your sr grils team. This is an exciting team to watch.
• Hockey fans, Tomorrow is the Mayor's Cup. Sandwich is hosting and puck drop is 1:00 a the Vollmer.
• This is an announcement from student council. Today is the last day to buy Christmas grams on your lunch. They cost $2.00 each and all proceeds go to the boys' hockey team.
• All youth troop members are reminded of the meeting after school tomorrow in room 221. Please contact Renata Ceccaci or Sarah Young if you are unable to attend.
• This is an announcement from Student Council. Tomorrow will be North Pole Theme Day! All students with Gold, Bronze or Silver Status, along with those who paid $10 for the teacher-student basketball game, can dress down. Get creative! There will also be more Christmas music in the cafeteria on both lunches.
• Would all members of the Villanova skating team please return their completed forms to Ms. Nolan tomorrow.
• This announcement is from Guidance and goes out to all Gr. 12 students: A reminder of the following equal consideration due dates for college and university applications: January 14/15 for university applications February 1/15 for college applications. Students are strongly encouraged to apply well before these due dates to avoid any last minute issues that may arise.
• Tomorrow during both lunches in room 227 an engineer and former student will host an informail question and answer session for potential engineers. He is an MIT graduate and is working at GM as a combustion engineer. If you are interested in this career path, show up for information and have your questions answered.
• The Villanova girl’s hockey team captured their first ever Southwestern Ontario Hockey Classic championship with a 4-0 shutout of Chatham-Kent. They finished the tournament undefeated outscoring their opponents 24-7 over the five games. The Wildcat’s Erica with a “C” Fryer recorded consecutive shut outs in the semi-finals and finals while AJ Purdie, Allison Langille and Taylor Conte with two, handled the scoring duties in the finale. Langille finished the tournament with four goals while Conte doubled her output chipping in eight in the tournament. In total, eleven different players contributed goals in a complete team effort to take home the trophy now on display in the front office.The girl's team wants to personally invite the boys team to come to the main office to view their trophy.