Announcements February 24, 2015
Did you know that the tongue of a blue whale is as large as a taxi cab and can weigh as much as an elephant?
Well then...you must be interested in Biology. After making a course selection for biology next year you can also sign up for the University of Toronto National Biology Competition. The sign up sheet is in Room 223 or you can see Mr. Paronuzzi.
· The cafeteria will be closed before school on Thursday this week as the Great Start Breakfast will be taking place.
· The chess club will meet after school today in room 132. Come on out and get ready for the tournament! New members always welcome!
- This announcement is from Guidance and goes out to Gr. 10 & 11 students:
We are now in the final week of the course selection process and Gr. 10 & 11 students are reminded that all course selections must be submitted by Thursday, February 26/15. Career Cruising will be locked after this date.
Please remember that a counsellor is available in the computer lab off the Learning Commons Center during both lunches to help students with any aspect of this process.
It is imperative that all Gr. 10 & 11 students returning to Villanova next year complete this process by the February 26/15 due date.
However, Gr. 9 students are reminded that this date does not apply to you.
Gr. 9 students will be working with Ms. Ray to enter their courses during period 3.
A schedule for this process has been issued to all period 3 Gr. 9 teachers.
So Gr. 9 students do not panic!
Ms Ray will be contacting you during your period 3 class to help you input your course selections for next year.
- Attention Badminton Players
Tryouts begin next Monday & Tuesday at 4:00 for all girls in grades 9 & 10 wishing to try out for this years badminton team. All those boys in grades 9 & 10 wishing to try out for the boys badminton team , your tryouts will begin Wednesday & Friday of next week. See Ms. Micelli if you have any questions.
· Attention all students: Come out and cheer the girls' hockey team on as they play St. Anne's today for the WECSSA at the Libro Arena in Amherstburg at 2:45.
· Today is the last day to sign up for the blood drive tomorrow, Wednesday February 25th. The sign up sheets are on the counter in the LCC.
· To those who have signed up, thank you, get a good nights sleep, eat a good breakfast, keep hydrated and don't forget to bring photo ID with you.
· You will receive your pass to the blood drive from your period 1 teacher tomorrow morning.
· the sr girls volleyball team are playing in the WECSSAA "AAA/AAAA" final tonight against Holy Names in our gym at 4:00. Come out tonight and watch some amazing volleyball. The team would greatly appreciate your support. thanks