Announcements February 6, 2015
· Students in Grade 11 and up – the annual CORNERSTONE WEEKEND sponsored by Sacred Heart Church is approaching. This retreat weekend takes place here at our school Friday March 6th – Sunday March 8th. Applications are available at the Campus Ministry Office. Space is limited, so register today.
· Join us this weekend for great live music as well as supporting a great cause! This Saturday February 7th at 7pm, in our own Villanova Theatre, Cancer Care for Kids is hosting a Led Zeppelin cover band to raise funds for the Windsor Regional's Paediatric Oncology ward. Our very own Jake Diab as well as Tibor Bognar will be the opening act as a three piece acoustic band. Tickets are $8 in advance or $10 at the door, please contact Parker Drouillard directly or contact him at email@example.com. It's going to be a great night and all for a great cause, hope to see you there!
· Music students travelling to Chicago in May are reminded to hand in their forms today to Mrs.Brunet in the music room.
· A reminder to the members of the Villy Free Press that articles are due this weekend so that the February issue can be published next week.
· Yesterday the boys hockey team played arch rival Belle River in the regular season finale. The team came out flat, and Belle River scored on the opening shift of the game. Belle River scored again before the first period ended to go up 2 zip. Villanova rallied and slowly took control of the game lead by two goals by Cory Burns. With 5 minutes to go, Jacob Damico scored on a break away for the go ahead goal. The victory clinched first place, and bragging rights over Belle River.
Ms. Grado's New York Trip. It is critical that all students going to New York with Ms. Grado must see her in room 112 today during periods 3 & 4. If you do not see her than you are jeopardizing your trip.
· Students who received an invitation to participate in the Waterloo math contests are reminded to hand in your reply today to Mrs. Hyland or Miss Baltrusiunas. Also, any student who did not receive an invitation to participate and is interested in writing the Waterloo math contests for grades 9, 10 or 11 in February is asked to see Mrs. Hyland in room 236 or Miss Baltrusiunas in room 233.
The girl’s hockey team came back from the exam break and ran into a hot goalie from Amherst Tuesday to face off against the Wildcats outstanding tandem of Swiatoschik and Fryer. In the end Amherst prevailed 1-0 on a power play that stood as the lone goal of the game. Last night the Wildcat offense, averaging almost four goals a game awoke to pound Holy Name for six goals enroot to a 6-2 victory. The ladies welcomed back Michelle Gomes who fired a perfect shot off an end to end rush for one score but it was the line of Mandy Brunet with three assists, Sara Mayrand with two goals and an assist and Avery Mertz with the big night, sniping the hat trick to go along with two assist that did the big damage.
· Attention Quebec Travellers Just a quick reminder of this Monday's meeting at 2:20 in room 103. The meeting will be over by 3:30. As mentionned before, all participants must attend. Merci