Announcements March 23, 2015
· Congratulations to Katie Jacobs for winning the Windsor-Essex local Young Authors Award in the grade 11 and 12 script division. Her script will move on the next level of competition at the provincial level. Mr. Hamelin would also like to thank all other participants as the works of Villanova students was very well recieved.
· We're back! The chess club will meet tomorrow after school in room 132. Everyone welcome!
· Ms. Grado's New York travellers must see her some time today
· A reminder that jr boys hockey tryouts resume today at 3:00. Bring $10
· Tryouts for the Senior Girls Soccer Team continue this Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. As of now, we will be going from 4:00-5:30pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday on the back campus. Also, be prepared with indoor and outdoor gear this week. The first cuts will be made following Thursday's tryout. Make sure you are present this week. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Palermo or Mr. Corazza.
· Softball tryouts continue today at 4:00.
· Attention all Senior badminton players - please meet Ms. Micelli in the library at this time to pick up your consent forms. Senior practice is tomorrow (Tuesday ) from 2:30 until 4:00. Attention all Junior badminton players - your practice is today from 2:30 until 4:00.
· This announcement is a tad late but with players gone for March break I thought it best to wait until after the break. So here goes......The sr girls volleyball team competed in the OFSAA "AAA" Volleyball tournament in Ingersol from Mar 9-11. We ended up second in our pool by winning 2 matches and losing 1. This put us in the Championship pool where we matched up with the host school, Ingersoll District. It was by far the best volleyball we have played all year. We won the first set 25-23, lost the second 18-25, lost the third 25-22, then won the fourth 25-23. It was great volleyball with points going back and forth and great defensive plays by both teams. However, in the fifth and deciding set, perhaps the home crowd rattled us just enough to allow some key mistakes on serve reception and we lost 15-9. The team would like to say thank you to all the students and teachers who have supported us all year. Also we have to say goodbye to our graduates, Anca Enache, Aleyna Rocheleau, Jenna Rocheleau and Samantha Sutton. You were our leaders both on and off the court and we thank you for all that you have done to put Villanova girls volleyball on the map of teams to beat in Ontario. Best of luck in your future endeavours.
· Attention all Grade 9 and Grade 10 Boys interested in playing Soccer this year for Villanova's Junior Boys Team. There will be a information meeting on Thursday Morning this week in the phys.ed hallway. Practices and Tryouts will begin next week.
· On behalf of Mrs. Voegeli and Ms. Bastien we would like to thank all of the fantastic students who went on the Europe trip. It was a wonderful trip full of history, beautiful sights and excellent company. Villanova students have yet again raised the bar on good fellowship and model behaviour. Thanks for for some wonderful memories.
· Attention all Graduates, your graduation application forms are passed due!!! Please hand in your forms ASAP!