Announcements March 4, 2015
· Art club is tonight until 4:00.
· Attention all students who would like to be a part of this year's track and field team. You should be at a meeting in the LCC right now.
· This message goes out to all girls from grades 9 through 12 who are interested in trying out for the Senior Girls Soccer Team. Tryouts will begin tomorrow (Thursday) from 4:00pm-5:30pm in the gym. Tryouts will continue next Wednesday and Thursday from 4:00pm-5:30pm. Bring your indoor gear. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Palermo.
· There will be a concert and jazz band rehearsal tomorrow after school.
· Attention Badminton Players: All those boys in grades 9 & 10 wishing to try out for the junior boys badminton team - your tryouts will be tonight from 4:00 until 5:30. All those senior girls & boys who wish to try out, please sign the list outside the phys.ed. office. Your tryouts begin Monday from 2:30 until 4:00. See Ms. Micelli if you have any questions.
· On Thursday on both lunches there will be a meeting for Campus Crew, Social Justice and GSA in Campus Ministry room 102. Please bring your lunch on your lunch and if you have scissors to work on our Lenten project. Thank you.
· Since senior boys soccer try outs were cancelled due to the weather on Tuesday. Try outs this week are on Thursday at 5:30 pm in the gym. And Monday morning at 7 am. Thank you.
· All students who wrote the grade 9, 10 or 11 math contests on February 24th are asked to report to Mrs. Hyland and Miss Baltrusiunas in room 233 right now.
· Please come out and support our student artists at Amherstburg's Gibson Gallery Art Show which runs from March 5 until March 23.
· With a minute to go in double overtime, the ladies hockey team OFSSAA dreams came to a crashing end. Facing the top ranked team in Ontario, a mad scramble around the Villy net resulted in a loose puck that found its way behind Erica Fryer who was a force in the pipes for the home team. After a scoreless first session, the Pines got on the board first with a second period tally but later in the period Michelle Gomes and Taylor Conte streaked down on a two on one and a feather pass from Gomes resulted in a one timer from Conte that found netting. From there the team remained deadlocked through the five periods of intense hockey. The season was a bitter sweet end for seniors AJ Purdie, Sara Mayrand, Maddie Defauses, Gomes and Conte who let the resurgence of the Wildcats in their four seasons culminating with two tournament championships and a WECSSAA title.