Announcements May 19, 2015
· Attention Graduates: If you wish to be recognized with a Silver Cord at Graduation for completing more than 100 hours of Community Service Hours, you must submit these to the Guidance Office by Thursday, May 29. Forms submitted after this date will be accepted but you will not receive a Silver Cord. If you want this recognition at Graduation, submit your hours to Ms. Charlebois in Guidance by Friday, May 29.
· There is a concert band rehearsal to prepare for graduation on Thursday from 2:30 to 3:30 pm. Following the rehearsal, there will be a potluck for all band and choir members.
· Because of the 'Day of Champions' taking place in the gym today, Ms. Micelli's period 2 grade 9 class is reminded to change & meet up in the weight room for class today. We will be going outside. Ms. Micelli's grade 12 fitness class is reminded to meet in room 214 today.
· The Junior Boys Soccer Team played 3 league games this past Friday in the first of two tournament dates. The team had both ups and downs on Friday but will hopefully iron things out next Friday and have enough points to qualify for the playoffs. The team beat Catholic Central 4-0 but could only manage a tie versus both L'Essor and Belle River.. The team has 5 points going into Fridays second tournament date and only 8 out of 14 teams will advance to the playoffs.
· FYI...the annual Road Hockey Tournament will be held on Friday, May 29th. The cost is $10 per person and the tournament will be all day. Sign-ups will begin on Thurday, May 21st - Tuesday, May 26th in the cafeteria during both lunches. Teams may have up to 10 players including coaches/managers. All persons must pay before teams are allowed to sign up.
· It's that time of year again...time to elect your new Student Parliament for 2015-2016. The sign up posters are in the main office for those interested in running for a position on next year's Student Parliament. The sign-up posters will be up from Tuesday, May 19 - Friday, May 22.
· The chess club will meet after school today in room 132. Everyone welcome
· There is a missing black cart from the Foods room. If anyone knows where it is, please return it to room 107. Thank You
· The new SWOSSAA schedule is now posted across from the phys ed office. Track and field athletes are asked to check it for accuracy. The bus will leave for Chatham tomorrow at 8:15 from the phys ed entrance.