Announcements May 22, 2015
· Attention Graduates: If you wish to be recognized with a Silver Cord at Graduation for completing more than 100 hours of Community Service Hours, you must submit these to the Guidance Office by Thursday, May 29. Forms submitted after this date will be accepted but you will not receive a Silver Cord. If you want this recognition at Graduation, submit your hours to Ms. Charlebois in Guidance by Friday, May 29.
· There's another team to add to the list of this year's champions. Your Sr. Girls Soccer team brought home a championship yesterday by claiming victory over our cross town rivals, the Sandwich Sabers. A hard fought and close game was eventually won by a two to one margin thanks to strong all around play from all of the senior girls, as well as two goals by Kristen Swiatoschik. Your Wildcats will play for a SWOSSAA title next week. Wish them luck.
· Day 2 of SWOSSAA Track was a much lighter schedule for Villanova but we still managed to add more qualifiers to next weekend's OFSAA Regionals. No first place finishes yesterday, but Mandy Brunet did manage a 2nd place finish in the Triple Jump while Aryana Cirino and Noah Renaud finished 3rd in their senior 200 meter finals. Other qualifiers for the day were: Chloe Gignac, 4th in the 200 meters, Dana Ruthven 5th in the High Jump, and Andre Tomassian, 5th in the 3000 meter race. That's now a total 15 individual events and 2 relays that Villanova will contest next weekend. Well done everyone who competed over the past 2 days. There were lots of hard fought competitions and unfortunately lots of heart breaks and close calls. We had 7 athletes miss qualifying by 1 place, some by as little as 1 cm of distance or 2 one hundreds on the clock. Full practice tonight and Monday.
· Looking for community service hours? The Essex Rotary Club is looking for volunteers to help with the food service tent at Windsor's Art in the Park on Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7. Shifts run in 4-hour blocks and a lunch is provided for you. If you are interested, there is a sign-up list on the door of Prep 2 or room 236. Details of duties can also be found there or you can speak to Mrs. Hyland.
· The annual Road Hockey Tournament will be held on Friday, May 29th. The cost is $10 per person and the tournament will be all day. Sign-ups will continue today, Friday, May 22nd until next Tuesday, May 26th in the cafeteria during both lunches. Teams may have up to 10 players including coaches/managers. All persons must pay before teams are allowed to sign up.
· A reminder: There is a junior girls soccer tournament on Monday May 25th at the Vollmer. The bus will be picking the team up at 8:25a.m. at the front entrance and returning to school by 2:20p.m.