Announcements May 27, 2015
· Attention Graduates: If you wish to be recognized with a Silver Cord at Graduation for completing more than 100 hours of Community Service Hours, you must submit these to the Guidance Office by Thursday, May 29. Forms submitted after this date will be accepted but you will not receive a Silver Cord. If you want this recognition at Graduation, submit your hours to Ms. Charlebois in Guidance by Friday, May 29.
· Attention grade 12 students, ElMara flowers will be here Next Wednesday, June 3 and Thursday June 4th for Corsage and Bouteniere orders. The cost is $35.00 for the package and the flowers will be available for pick up at Villanova the morning of Prom.
· The annual Road Hockey Tournament is only days - Friday, May 29th. The cost is $10 per person and the tournament will be all day. Today is the last day to sign up in the cafeteria during both lunches. Teams may have up to 10 players including coaches/managers. All persons must pay before teams are allowed to sign up.
· Any boys or girls who are looking for volunteer hours or a summer job working basketball camps see Mr. Lesperance in room 116 at some point today. Thanks.
· The Jr. Boys Soccer team lost a thriller last night against the Riverside Rebels. The game was tied 1 - 1 after several unbelievable saves and scoring opportunities in regulation. The game remained tied after the boys played shut down defence throughout the 20 minutes of extra time. This took them to the dreaded shoot out, or what soccer fans call a "coin toss" . The guys fought hard but came up on the losing end of the shoot out and were eliminated from the playoffs. The coaches would like to thank the team for their hard work and dedication all season. Reminder to return your washed jersey and shorts to Mr. Steer in the Phys. Ed office by the end of the week.
· Your Sr. Girls soccer team did Villanova proud in their SWOSSAA match against Chatham-Kent. Playing shorthanded, the girls trailed 3-0 at the half. Rather than give up, they came out on fire. McKayla Buchanan and Michelle Gomes scored for us, but despite dominating Chatham in the second half, we ran out of time and came up just short. Coaches Palermo and Corazza are very proud of the gritty performance the girls put on yesterday. Congratulations go out to Michelle Gomes, Sarah Young, and Gabby Roberts for being voted to the WECSSAA First Team All Stars, as well as to rookie defenseman Jaylyn Cirino for making the Second Team. Finally, a special thank you and farewell goes out to graduating seniors, and team captains, Michelle Gomes and Sarah Young. All the best to you both. Thanks for a great season, girls.
· Attention grade 12 students who are interested in either singing or playing an instrument for the grad mass on June 9th. Please sign up with Mrs. Brunet in the music room.
· Looking for community service hours? Just a reminder that if you are interested in volunteering for Essex Rotary to help with the food service tent at Windsor's Art in the Park on Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7, the sign-up list is on the door of Prep 2 or room 236. Details of duties can also be found there or you can speak to Mrs. Hyland.
· The Annual Athletic Banquet has been scheduled for Monday June 8th at the Fogolar Furlan Club starting at 5:00. Tickets for athletes are available in the phys ed office until next Thursday June 4th. Tickets are also available for parents and friends for $20.00. Don't miss this event. It is a reason to celebrate all of our accomplishments.
· The girls softball team competed at the WECSSAA championships yesterday. They came into the tournament ranked 7th out of 12 teams. In their first game they knocked off 10th seed Riverside 15-3. Next up was 4th seed Walkerville which they easily handled 13-0, moving them on to the semi-finals. There they met 3rd seed Belle River which they beat 8-3. In the championship game your Wildcats had to face 2nd seed Essex. The game went back and forth with great defence and timely hitting but we couldn't muster enough runs and just came up short 5-3. Your Wildcats had a great tournament and fantastic season!!
· Any students interested in helping out at the St. John the Baptist Parish picnic on June 14 please see Mrs. Verardi on your lunch today. What a fun way to earn some community service hours!!!