Announcements April 29, 2015
On Tuesday, May 5th, the Villanova Boys Baseball team will play Sandwich
at 1:00 here at the hallowed grounds of Wildcat Stadium. Students ask you fourth period teacher to reserve your spot to attend this game. Attendance will be based on a whole class basis and will cost $2 a student. Teachers, bbs Mr. Hamelin if you are interested. That's Tuesday May 5th.
· This announcement is from Guidance and goes out to all students: Summer school applications are now available. If you would like to sign up for summer school please see your counsellor. The deadline to apply is June 5/15.
· Attention all Students. This Thursday, April 30th, is a dress down day for Prom. The cost is $2.00 and will be distributed during Homeroom.
· Prom Tickets will go on sale next Wednesday, May 6 to Friday May 8th during both lunches. You must present a signed behaviour contract and guest pass if you are bringing a guest in order to purchase tickets. All forms are available in the main office. Tickets are $65.00.
· Villanova had a very successful night last night at the second seeding meet for the WECSSAA track and field championships. While final results won't be posted until later, here are some of the heat and field event results. A number of Villanova athletes won their heats including: Mandy Brunet in the mid girls hurdles, Maddy Michaud in the Jun Girls hurdles, Chloe Gignac and Kristen Swaitostik in the Mid girls 200m, and Noah Renaud in the Sr boys 200m. Dana Rodriques finished 2nd in the sr girls Javelin event and Mandy Brunet leaped to a 1st placed finish in the mid girls triple jump. There are now less than 2 weeks left until the track and field championships starting on May 11th, Track and field team members are reminded that entry fees are now past due. Relay practise tonight for all boys teams and girls relay team meet tomorrow.
· It is National Dance Day and Villanova Dance Team is celebrating this tonight at 7 pm. Tickets are at the door. Doors open at 6:30. Come and see the exciting new work that was created this year.
· On Friday May 1st, Canadian Blood Services will be hosting a blood drive here at Villanova. Thank you to all those of you who have already signed up to donate. Remember eat a good breakfast and stay hydrated. There are still 28 open appointment times so if you are 17 or older and wish to donate, the sign up sheets are on the counter in the library. See Ms. Russo if you have any questions