Announcements April 30, 2015
· This is a reminder to all students that are competing in the University of Toronto National Biology Competition that you are to report directly to room 219 today after homeroom. Do not go to your Period 2 class. Please bring a pencil.
· Prom Tickets will go on sale next Wednesday, May 6 to Friday May 8th during both lunches. You must present a signed behaviour contract and guest pass if you are bringing a guest in order to purchase tickets. All forms are available in the main office. Tickets are $65.00.
· A reminder to all student council members of our very important meeting today after school in the LCC. If you are unable to attend, please let Danny or Matt know.
· Your Wildcat boys baseball team beat St. Joe's yesterday 11-0 in 6 innings. Pitching was outstanding, with 3 pitchers combining to strike out 13 while giving up only 1 hit. 5 different players got RBIs including back to back triples by Lucas DiLuca and Noah Renaud. The boys next game is today after school against Massey. Remember boys you have a 1:45 release time tomorrow. Students also remember to have your 4th period teacher book you class' spot for the boys buyout game next Tuesday. Buyout is on a whole class basis and is $2 a student.
· Tomorrow, Friday May 1st, Canadian Blood Services will be hosting a blood drive here at Villanova. Today is the last day to sign up. So if you are 17 or older and wish to donate, the sign up sheets are on the counter in the library. Thank you to all those who have already signed up to donate. Remember eat a good breakfast, stay hydrated and bring photo ID tomorrow. See Ms. Russo if you have any questions.
· Last night, on our pitch, the Senior Girls Soccer team made short work of the St-Joe's Lasers by defeating them 6 to 1. Gaby Roberts, Savannah Marra, Avery Brown, and Mickayla Buchannon all scored a goal and Kristen Swiatoschik scored a pair to lead the girls to victory. All the girls played an excellent game. Goaltenders Sarah Young and Brie Vasco should also be commended for great performances in net. Best of luck next Monday as we face St-Anne's on their pitch.
· Track and field team athletes are reminded that fees are now past due and must be paid by Friday or your WECSSAA entry will not be submitted. Also, there is parctise tomorrow after school for athletes not competing at Kennedy relays tomorrow evening and a full practise on Saturday at 11am.
· Tonight's prom committee meeting is cancelled and has been rescheduled for nest Tuesday, May 5th.