Announcements October 21, 2015
· Lifetouch Photography will be back on Monday October 26th for those students who missed having their photo taken. If you wish to purchase a package, please bring your payment on retake day. For students who have lost their student cards the replacement cost is $5.00. Students requiring a retake on their photo package must return their photo package to the photographer on Monday.
· Jazz Band is cancelled tonight after school. See you tomorrow for Concert Band.
· Don't feel like cooking on Friday night? In honour of World Polio Day, six pizza parlours in the town of Essex are donating a portion of all their pizza sales this Friday, October 23 to help with Rotary International's fight to eradicate polio world wide. To date, there are under 50 cases of polio left in only two countries so we are very close to making history in eliminating this debilitating disease. You can help eradicate polio and be a part of history by purchasing pizza for dinner this Friday at any pizza parlour in the town of Essex.
· For all students interested in attending the New York field with Mrs. Gombai in May. There will be a parent information meeting this Thursday night at 6:30 in room 208.
· Do you like being challenged and to solve problems? Are you looking for something to do at lunch which involves numbers? If you are, then you might want to consider joining the Math Club. Meetings will take place on Thursdays during both lunches in room 233. Bring your lunch and your problem solving skills with you.
· Attention all students. Villanova's Get your Glow on Homecoming Dance is this Friday, October 23rd. in the gym from 7:00-11:00. Advance tickets are $5.00 and will be on sale in the cafeteria on Thursday and Friday. Tickets bought at the door are $7.00. This dance is only for Villanova students.
· Girls hockey tryouts begin Wednesday October 28th at 3:15 in Amherstburg - Libro Center arena. It is open to all girls in grades 9-12. Please sign up on the sheet posted on the door of Rm 219.
· Little Shop auditions will be wrapping up today. Last chance dance auditions will be during both lunches in the auditorium. Acting and singing auditions will be held after school in the drama room. If you are unable to make it after school, please audition in the auditorium on either lunch.
· Students going on the Performing Arts New York trip must see Ms. Grado this week for information.