Announcements January 20, 2016
· A correction to the Food Bank Friday announcement, the Windsor Port Authority will be sponsoring a Tim Horton Doughnut, Muffin, and Hot Chocolate breakfast for the winning period 1 classes.
· A reminder to all staff and students that this Friday is our Food Bank Friday for January!!! Bring in 3 can goods or dry goods and enjoy a dress down day on Friday. Also, the Windsor Port Authority is matching a dollar donation for every can good we donate AND sponsoring a pizza party for the top class in each grade level.
· There is a jazz band rehearsal tonight after school. Concert band rehearsal is cancelled tomorrow after school, our next rehearsal will be Feb 4th.
· Last night the junior girls volleyball team took on the Lasers from St. Joes.....although the Wildcats won the match, a lack lustre approach kept the scores close....the girls are expected to finish the season strong with two matches to go. Time to step it up ladies!
· Last night the sr girls volleyball team continued their winning streak by defeating St. Joe's 3 sets to 0 by the scores of 25-19, 25-18, 25-16. Offensively our setter, Madison Trotter, distributed the ball extremely well and found Sarah Altenhof and Gina Peters who were in the groove with 9 kills each. Not only was Sarah Altenhof dangerous at the net, but she made some extremely good defensive passes which helped out our offensive run. Gina Peters was also very effective at the serving line with 7 serving aces for the match. The whole team gets their "atta girls" for coming together and playing solid volleyball. Congratulations on holding 2nd place with a 22 and 5 record.
· On a cold and chilly night the Villanova ladies hockey team defeated Holy Names 4-0 in the first ever outdoor game in WECSSAA play. Lansbury Park was the venue for the inaugural game and the ladies dominated with eight different players figuring in the scoring. Snipers for the Wildcats were Kim Primeau, Allyssa Matton, Lindsey Sorrell and Avery Mertz. Kristen Swiatoschik was stellar between the pipes registering the shut out. Today the team faces St. Anne’s in Amherstburg at 3:30.