Announcements March 24 , 2016
The Military Cooperative Education program may be available to you this Fall.
· This paid co-op program will offer you:
-4 high school credits
-$45.15 per day pay
-Mileage reimbursement if you live more than 14 km from the Armories
-A guaranteed job in Canada’s Army Reserve after your placement, and more
· The Aim of this program is to introduce you to the diverse career opportunities in the Canadian Armed Forces while providing a challenging and rewarding experience that will benefit you for years to come. Limited seats are available.
· Recruiters will be at your schools in early April to provide an information session to discuss particulars of this program. If you may be interested in this opportunity, please see your Co-op teacher to sign up for the information session.
· Congratulations to the Villanova Figure Skating Team for a successful day at the Southern Ontario High School Figure Skating Competition, where they competed against 43 other teams. Our skaters performed well and showed tremendous team spirit, supporting and cheering each other on throughout a very long and tiring day. Particularly noteworthy performances were seen by Hailey McKay who won 1st place in one of her events and 3rd in another, as well as Darian Tough who placed 3rd in his solo event. Well done skaters!
· All members of the Sr. Girls Soccer team are to report to room 218 immediately following these announcements.
· Senior boy’s soccer practice is tonight at 5:30 in the gym. Please be present. Jerseys are being handed out.
· Badminton players are reminded to return all signed forms & money to Ms. Micelli. She will be in the weight room all day today. Practice is for the entire junior team & Senior Mixed Doubles today at 2:30. Be sure to see Ms. Micelli if you cannot make this practice.
- Madison Lucki
- Mia DeLuca
- Kyle Jones
- Haley Labute
- Nicole Neuts
- Sabrina Ujj
Are reminded of their First Aid and CPR training on March 30 and 31st which is next Wednesday and Thursday of next week.
· Any students interested in attending a presentation by the University of Windsor English Department about their Editing and Publishing Practicum is asked to contact Mr. Hamelin in room 214. This presentation will feature university students who spent the year preparing books for publication. If you are interested in English or writing, you are sure to find this presentation worthwhile. The presentation will take place on Wednesday March 30th during period 2. You must sign up with Mr. Hamelin in order to attend.
· If any grade 11 or 12 science student, from either semester, is interested in joining a trip to the Ontario Science Centre on April 21, please see Mrs. Russo or Mr. Carosella for details. Ten more students are needed to fill the bus.
· Attention all students, registration are now open for summer elearning courses.
· The following courses are availble;
· Career Civics
· Grade 11 & 12 University English
· Grade 11 & 12 University Religion
· Grade 12 University Change, Challenge & Society
· Please see your guidance counselor to register.
· Attention all grade 9 and 10 girls who are interested in playing in the junior hockey tournament on April 12 and 13th- there is a sign up sheet on the door of room 219.
· Can Dana Rossasin please see Ms Burke in room 111 folowing these announcements.