Announcements April 29, 2016
· The senior boy’s soccer team put up a good fight last night against the Riverside Rebels but came up short, losing with a score of 3 to 4 for the Rebels. The first half started out with a bang with the Rebels warming up their half of the scoreboard only to be balanced with a Villanova a goal from Chris Spadafora. Goalie Anthony Pedri had a few good saves but the first half ended 2:1 after Riverside scored on a goal kick. At the start of the second period, the Rebels shot a ball high into the net, making it impossible for Pedri to stop the shot. Villanova retaliated with a goal by forward fast man Joel Sands. The Wildcats regained hope when Spadafora revved up his running to score a second goal to tie the game. In the end, the Rebels broke through defenders Dan Pignanelli and Nic Meloche to score the winning goal for the Riverside. The Wildcats will be playing in the quarter finals next Wed, May 5 at 4pm, location to be announced. Go Wildcats!
· The Villanova Badminton season has come to a successful end. Congratulations to the junior team for an excellent showing at the SWOSSAA championships yesterday. Special recognition goes to our Bronze Medal winners - Sophia Fallea, Natalie Pallisco & Meg Jorritsma. We have 4 Senior players who are graduating this year - Patrick Jacques, Sara Altenhof, Madison Trotter and Sawyer Levack. Thank you for your dedication to the Villanova Badminton program over the past 4 years. We will miss you but you have set a fine example for our young junior wildcats to emulate. Great job this season Junior & Senior teams!
· Spirit Week is here starting Monday!! It will cost you $5 to participate and you can pay this to your home room teacher on Monday may 2nd. The themes for this week are:
· -Monday is pj day
· -Tuesday is dress up day
· -Wednesday is color wars(9's wear green, 10's wear red, 11's wear blue, 12's wear black and staff wears white)
· -Thursday is fun in the sun/tourist day
· -Friday is blue/white/silver spirit day
· The boys baseball team suffered a humiliating loss yesterday at the hands of the St. Anne Saints. They will regroup and get ready for another big week next week, which includes a buy out game for 4th period on Friday. The cost of the buy out game will be $1 per student on a whole class bases, so students tell your period 4 teacher to contact Mr. Hamelin if your class is interested.