Announcements April 13, 2016
· The Sr. Girls soccer team opened their season with a 2-0 victory over St. Joseph's on Tuesday. Goal scorers were Savannah Marra and Alex Sorge. Today they'll take on Walkerville on our home field at 4:00.
· Sr. Girls soccer team members are to be dismissed at 2:05 today and report directly to the chapel for a team prayer.
· A revised callback list has been posted in the gym hallway for girls trying out for the Junior Girls soccer team. If your name is on it you are asked to attend a final tryout this Friday from 2:30-4:00. Be prepared for an indoor or outdoor tryout.
· Would all members of the cast and crew of Little shop please report to room 109 for a brief meeting. That all cast and crew from the play this year please report to room 109 for a brief meeting.
· Congratulations to the entire Senior Badminton team on a strong showing at the Regional Tournament yesterday. We have a record number of players who qualified for the WECSSAA championships next week. Special recognition goes out to Natalia Glaz who captured Bronze Medal in a tough Ladies Singles Division. Practice today for the entire Junior & Senior teams until 3:30.
· The senior boys' soccer team lost their game last night against St. Anne's. St. Anne's put the pressure on an early goal against the Wildcats. The first half finished in a tie after a corner kick provided Chris Spadafora an opportunity to make a high kick that just made the net. Despite some good passing and defending by the Wildcats in second half, the St. Anne Saints gained another two goals leaving a final score of 4-1 for the Saints. The Wildcats play against Holy Name on Thursday on our field. Come on out and cheer them on and enjoy some great soccer in good weather!
· The Villanova Leadership Class and GSA would like to invite all students, teachers, friends and family to support the 2016 Run for Rocky. Please visit www.runforrocky.com to register or visit room 201 during 4th period to receive information. The run is Sunday, April 17th at 1pm at Dieppe Park in Windsor.
· Attention all students and staff. How would you like to win free tickets to see Hedley in concert? For the next two weeks, the Villanova Youth Troop will be selling daffodils in front of the cafeteria during both lunches. For every $2.00 donated, you will have a chance to guess the number of daffodils in a jar. All of the funds generated will be donated to the Canadian Cancer Society. The person who guesses the correct number of daffodils, or who is the closest, will win a pair of tickets to a Hedley concert at the WFCU Centre on April 26th. Come donate to a very worthy cause and enter your chance to win!
· To all speedy male students who are interested in trying out for midget, junior or senior 4 X 100 metre relay teams, please meet out on the track at 3pm TODAY for 100 m run off. Warm up and stretch beforehand.
· All girls who would like to run relays, your run-off will be TOMORROW at 3pm. Thanks!