Announcements April 18, 2016
· There will be a Jr. Girls soccer practice outside tomorrow from 2:30 - 4:00.
· There is a choir practice tomorrow after school. The practice will be longer; it will run until 4:45 pm.
· You can dress down on Wednesday! The Homeroom Challenge is on! For a minimum donation of $2 or the equivalent in school suppies, you can dress down on Wednesday. The Homeroom that collects the most per capita will receive a free breakfast. All supplies will be brought to a very needy school that we will be visiting in Costa Rica. The money will be used to buy them a much needed computer. Homeroom teachers have a flyer detailing what supplies are needed. Thanks for your generosity and dress down on Wednesday!
· Auditions for the talent show begin this Wednesday. The sign up list is posted on room 106, the music room door. Don't delay; you would not want to miss out on this great event.
- Attention Sr. Girls Soccer players: the bus for Alumni Field at the University of Windsor leaves at 2:40. All team members are to meet in the gym hallway at 2:30.
· Badminton practice today for both Senior & Junior badminton players at 2:30 to 4:00.
· Congratulations to all student participants of the 6th annual Gibson Gallery art show. Once again our Villanova students had the opportunity showcase their talents in a gallery setting. Thank you to all participants and to all of you who took in the show with your family and friends.
- Congratulations to Drew Sovran for his participation in the Leamington Arts Centre juried art show. Drew achieved first place in the acrylic paint category as well as the prestigious award for the most promising future artist.
· Drew did our school proud by participating in this show that was open to all student artists throughout Essex County. Way to go Drew!
- Final two tryouts for the junior boys Soccer team will be held this week outside on Tuesday and Thursday from 4pm - 5:30pm. Shin pads are required at tryouts outside.
- This is a reminder of your opportunity to win free tickets to see Hedley in concert and to support a good cause. The Villanova Youth Troop will selling daffodils in front of the cafeteria during both lunches all week. For every $2.00 donated, you will have a chance to guess the number of daffodils in a jar. All of the funds generated will be donated to the Canadian Cancer Society. The person who guesses the correct number of daffodils, or who is the closest, will win a pair of tickets to a Hedley concert at the WFCU Centre on April 26th.