Announcements April 21, 2016
· A local business is looking for a grade 11 or 12 student to work doing yard maintenance, grass cutting etc. after school. There is a possibility of summer work as well. See Mr.Byrne in the co-op office if interested.
· Junior Boys Soccer tryouts continue tonight after school from 4-5:30pm this will be the last tryout. Come prepared with equipment and water out to the field. If you cannot make this last tryout see Mr. Crep.
· Hey Wildcats! Do you care about the planet? Look for Plottle on your lunches. Plottle is a reusable Villy water bottle. With every purchase you make, a tree will be planted in your name. See us on your lunch for more information.
· Today is the last opportunity to win free tickets to see Hedley in concert, while also supporting a good cause. The Villanova Youth Troop will be selling daffodils in front of the cafeteria during both lunches today. For every $2.00 donated, you will have a chance to guess the number of daffodils in a jar. All of the funds generated will be donated to the Canadian Cancer Society. The person who guesses the correct number of daffodils, or who is the closest, will win a pair of tickets to a Hedley concert at the WFCU Centre on April 26th. Don't miss your final opportunity to win!
· The Sr. Girls soccer team made the drive out to Belle River worth the trip yesterday. After a sluggish first half, our shots were on target in the second as Savannah Marra, Gabby Roberts, and Sophia Bellaire each scored, while Breanna Vasko picked up her 3rd shutout of the season as the Wildcats beat the Nobles by a score of 3-0. Great job in the second half girls.
· Any Jr. Girls soccer team members who did not sign the WECSSAA Code of Conduct sheet yesterday during Period 4 are to report to Mr. Corazza in room 218 immediately following these announcements.
· There will be NO Senior boy’s soccer team practicing today after school.
· Congratulations to our track and field team on a great start meet yesterday. Many Villanova athletes lead the way in their heats and field event athletes turned in some very good performances. Official results should be available in a day. A reminder to check the information posted across from the phys ed office regarding the University of Windsor meet next Saturday. It is your responsibility to sign up before the end of the day Monday
· The Robotics team will be selling Luke Willson apparel outside of the cafeteria on both lunches today, tomorrow and Monday to help raise funds for our trip to the World Championships!
Adult StormTech t-shirts and ladies' v-neck shirts are $20; we also have children's t-shirts available for $15. All shirts feature Luke's distinctive logos and designs.
Come take a look & show your support for the WiredCats!
· Today there will be no lunch in the Nova Villa Cafe. Sorry for the inconvenience.