Announcements April 25, 2016
· The weight room will be closed tonight Monday April 25 due to the staff meeting.
· The next Jr. Girls' soccer practice will be this Wednesday from 2:30 - 4:00 outside. Thursday will be either an outdoor practice at 2:30 or a potential exhibition game at a location to be determined.
· Senior Girls Soccer team members who are taking the bus to Tecumseh Vista for today's game are to meet in the gym hallway for 2:30.
· The roster for this years Junior Boys Soccer team will be posted in the phys.ed hallway today during third period. Players that are on the list will practice on Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday this week outside from 4-5:30pm.
· Senior boys soccer team have practice today after school. Please be present.
· Congratulations Junior badminton players on an excellent showing at the WECSSAA tournament last Thursday - everyone qualified for the SWOSSAA tournament this Thursday in Chatham. Special recognition goes out to Matt Veselinovic, Sophia Fallea, Julia Pallisco & Hunter Dent who captured Silver Medals at WECSSAA last Thursday. Great job Wildcats ! Practice today is 2:30 to 3:30.
· The Villanova Youth Troop would like to thank all those who donated to the daffodil pin fundraiser. The total number of pins in the jar was 120 and the winner of the pair of tickets to the Hedley concert was Darren Woods who guessed 119. Congratulations Darren! Donations can still be made to the Canadian Cancer Society this week; simply go to the table with the daffodil pins, set up outside the cafeteria during both lunches.
- Attention track and field athletes. Tonights night run along the Windsor Riverfront is cancelled because of the prediction of rain.
· Also, today is the deadline for entries to Saturday's University of Windsor meet and the Entry sign up list is now posted for the Kennedy Relays.
· The Villanova and Amherst girls hockey team are playing a charity exhibition game Thursday May 5th @ 7:00pm at the Libro arena in Amherstburg as a fundraiser for Mason Macri of Belle River. As most of you have heard, Mason has a rare form of cancer and has many rounds of chemo scheduled. He will be going to Houston to have a very rare and invasive operation performed. He is quite a battler and it's apparent there are many financial burdens. Please look up his Facebook “Mason’s Fight.” Members of the Macri family will be in attendance along with local media in this charity fundraiser where all proceeds will be donated to aid in his battle. Attendance is free but donations will be accepted and a 50/50 raffle will be held. Please come out and support the Macri family