Announcements September 22, 2016
· Sr. Girls Basketball Practice tonight at 2:30.
· Junior band rehearsal on Monday will start later at 3:15 and will run until 4:30pm.
· Yesterday, your Jr. boys Volleyball team opened their season with a 3 set win at Holy Names. Strong performances from Colton Vetor and Alec Boucher lead the team to victory. The team's home opener will be Tuesday against Kingsville at 4pm.
· We Will Rock You audition monologues and sign up sheets are now posted on the drama classroom door across from the Tech rooms. Stop by room 112 to sign up for a preferred day and time. See Ms. Grado for details or to answer any questions.
· Attention all students who auditioned for the dance team: Once again it was a very difficult task for the panel to select from all of the talent this year. Thank you for coming out and sharing your abilities and talents with us. The list will be posted today, in the trophy case outside of the auditorium, after school. I would like to congratulate the students that will be part of the Villanova Dance Team for the 2016-17 season. Rehearsal will start Mon. Sept. 26th at 2:25 ready to dance.
· Any tennis team member that has not yet signed the eligibility forms should see Mr. Carosella today at the beginning of either lunch.
· Yesterday your wildcat golf team competed at Kingsville Golf and Country club and we have highlighrts. Under ideal conditions your girls golf team lead by Sophia Fallea, Olivia Morasutti, and Kate Latella shot a combined score of 146 and destroyed the competition by 10 strokes. The girls brought the WECSSA CHAMPIONSHIP back where it belongs and qualified for SWOSSA on October 3rd. Congratulation girls. The boys team consisting of Dante Buratto, Alex Aversa, Joey Corio and Christian Stella fought hard to the finish but fell one stroke short of qualifing for SWOSSA as a team. Dante Buratto and Joey Corio shot a 79 and 80 finishing in the top 10 single scores which made the cut for the SWOSSA championship. Great showing at WECSSA lets continue the run at SWOSSA.
· Due to the mass schedule, and PD day there will be NO GSA meeting this week. See you next week.
· Would the following students Report to the art room at some point today to pick up your chocolate bars for fundraising:
· For all grade 12's that are and were interested in Costa Rica 2017, all paper work and deposits are due ASAP. We are purchasing airline tickets next week. If you would like to be a part of this trip of a lifetime, please pick up and or hand in all paper work, a copy of your passport and the deposit to Mr.Cuckovic in room 228. Thank you and PURA VIDA
· If you are interested in a fun-filled, enriching week spent with other Canadian youth from across Canada, you just might LOVE Encounters Canada. It's a program that is run in Ottawa several weeks throughout the year with a different theme for each week. You stay at the Terry Fox Centre and are engaged in several fun activities based around the theme of the week. If you are interested, please see Mrs. Beltran in the attendance office.
· Attention all students who live in the town of Essex. The town of Essex is looking to appoint two student Council members to their board for the upcoming school year. If interested, please see Mrs. Curran or Mrs. Spada in Prep 3.
· Congratulations to the Junior Boys Football team on their 50 - 0 win over Lajeunesse last night. Offensively, the Wildcats were led by James Hanlon who had 5 touchdowns (3 passing and 2 rushing). Matt Burrows also had a stellar game with 2 touchdowns. Defensively, the Wildcats were led by Dominc Price, Ethan Mackinnon and Nic Pavia. Great job boys!
· Today is the last day donations for this Sunday’s Super Hero Walk are being collected. Miss Allaire’s period 3 class is in the lead for the pizza party right now, but your class can still catch up. Donate during period 3 even if it’s $1, everything is appreciated.