Announcements October 12, 2016
· There is a meeting for the Sr. girl’s basketball team at the start of period 2 in Rm. 119. Meeting should take 5 min.
· Today in the La Nova Villa Cafe located in rm 107 we are offering Grilled Cuban Sandwiches with Crispy Fries for $5, Caesar Chicken Wraps $4, Jumbo Homemade Pizza $3 and Penne Pasta Amaticiana with Bacon in a Blush Sauce with Garden Salad for $5. Hope to see you there.
· Will the cast We Will Rock You please see Ms. Grado today for a new schedule
· Last night the Senior Boys Volleyball Team squared off against the Massey Mustangs. In the first set, the Wildcats were flat footed with a very poor offensive performance which led to a 25-19 loss in the first set. The boys picked it up in the second set thanks to some great defense by Christian Stella and 6 kills put forth by Jordan Gaudette.The boys won the 2nd set 25-19. In the 3rd and decisive set, the Wildcats did not have the best performance but were were able to secure the victory 27-25. Special recognition goes out to Jordan Gaudette with 11 kills in total, and Christian Stella with a dominating defensive performance. The Wildcats are now tied for first with a 5 and 1 record. Best of luck this Thursday when the boys square off against Assumption in our gym.
· If anybody is interested in attaining some community service hours, Sacred Heart Grade school needs some volunteers to help out with their Halloween dance on Friday October 28th. If anybody is interested, please see Mr. Palermo in room 201 or Prep 3.
· Congratulations to Alexia Piccolo, Abby Berrends, Sara Casoni, Alex Aversa, and Dylan Smith for a great effort at yesterday's WECSSAA tennis final. All won matches, earning points for the team, but each missed advancing to SWOSSAA by one match. Special congratulations to Natalia Glaz for her gold medal performance - she was first in ladies' singles. Natalia has won this event every year of her high school career-a tremendous accomplishment. Overall the team came in fourth out of 23 teams. Joining Natalia at SWOSSAA will be Mia Macera, who already qualified. Good luck next week.
· Starting today October 12, Room 210 will be open on both lunches for students who would like extra help in preparing for next week's Literacy test. Computers will be available in Room 210 to try the online version and to have your questions answered.
· Check out the site for DI resources http://sites.google.com/site/wecdsbdi/As well as the OSSLT resources site: https://sites.google.com/a/wecdsb.on.ca/wecdsb-and-the-osslt/
· Attention hockey players:
Try-outs for this year's boys' team begin at 3:00 this Thursday at the Vollmer. Bring both $10 and a white and a dark jersey. Grade nines are especially welcome. See Mr. O'Keefe in room 231 if you have any questions.
· Those students attending the Science Olympiad Competition this Friday are to meet with Ms. Russo in room 224 directly following this announcement.
· There will be a brief DECA meeting after school today in room 209 to register for Regionals. Please try to be there. The $37 registration fee must be paid online.