Announcements October 25, 2016
· Polio is an infectious disease that leads to muscle weakness and affects a person's ability to walk. It is still a problem in some third world countries. Rotary International in conjuction with the Bill Gates Foundation has been running a campaign to eradicate polio worldwide. We are down to 27 cases - very close. This Friday, Oct. 28, five pizzerias in Essex have generously offered to donate a portion of their pizza sales for the day to the End Polio Now campaign. Participating pizzerias are Armando's, Capri's, Chochi's, Domino's and Little Caesar's ALL in the Essex locations ONLY. Please encourage your family and friends to have a pizza for polio this Friday in Essex.
· Ms. Russo's and Mr. Carosella's science field trip to Toronto scheduled for this Wednesday, October 26th has been cancelled. Sorry for the inconvience. Please see Ms. Russo for refunds and details.
· The Special Olympic Basketball tournament for this year has been cancelled. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions please see Mr. Lesperance.
· Anyone interested in joining the Curling team this year?? If you are there is open ice try outs Monday (yes today) and Wednesday at Roseland Curling club starting at 3pm. You must show up at one or both of these dates in order to be considered for our Villy Curl team! See you there Wildcats.
· Art club is cancelled tonight.