Announcements October 4 , 2016
· Students, Lifetouch Photography will be back on Thursday, October 6th for those students who missed having their photo taken. If you wish to purchase a package, please bring your payment on photo retake day. For students who have lost their student card, the replacement cost is $5.00. Students requiring a retake on their photo package must return their photo package to the photographer.
· Yesterday your wildcat golfers participated at Willow Ridge Golf and Country club for a shot at OFSSAA. Although conditions were tough, your wildcats consisting of Joey Corio, Dante Buratto, Sophia Fallea, Olivia Morassuti and Kate Latella put their best putter forward. Unfortunately the Boys have only two that move on to OFSSAA and their scores fell short. Good season overall. On the other hand the girls will move on to OFSSAA led by Sophia Fallea who battled back after struggling on the front nine to shoot an amazing 39 on the back Awsome showing. Stay tune for results from OFSSAA.
· Last night on our home field your Sr boy’s football team took the win over Saint Anne’s with a score of 21-6. Jacob Savoni scored 2 TDs as Abe Gaffaz scored the third and Avery Grondin kicked the extra 3 pts through the uprights. Our blockers made huge plays in order for points to be scored and this was truly a team effort.
Mark your calendars for Friday night as the Srs take on Herman at Windsor stadium at 5pm!
· Attention all students and staff. Villanova Youth Troop is celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness Month this Wednesday and Thursday. Please see one of our Youth Troop members, who will be set up in the cafeteria on both lunches, in order to make a donation and receive a pink ribbon to wear to show your support for those who have fought, and who continue to fight, this disease. All donations will be welcome.
· This a remainder to math students that homework help is available every Tuesday after school in numerous classrooms in the math wing.
· Anyone interested in being part of Villanova's swim, please sign up by the gym hallway. There will be a meeting on Friday during homeroom in the atrium
· There will be a DECA meeting right after school Wednesday, October 5th. DECA is a business club where you will practice key leadership skills such as goal setting, consensus building and project management. It helps prepare you for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, management and entrepreneurship. You will participate in group case study presentations as well as learn key business concepts. All grades are welcome.
· We Will Rock You cast list will be posted on the Drama door after Second lunch.