Announcements October 6, 2016
· Period 1 Teachers - Please collect the progress reports from your students with parental signature and return to Mrs. Ducharme in the main office today.
· Congratulations to the Junior Football Team on their 27-0 win over cross-town rivals Sandwich Secondary. In what was a true team effort, Villanova demonstrated great effort and perseverance throughout the game. Offensively, Villanova was led by Hunter Racicot with two touchdown receptions, Matt Burrows rushed for 120 yards and a touchdown and James Hanlon had two passing touchdowns. On defense, Nick Pavia had a 90 yard interception return for a touchdown. Great work Villanova!
· Could the girl’s golf team please see Mr. Brunone in rm 110 following the announcements for a brief meeting.
· Tonight the Girls basketball teams take on the Essex Red Raiders in our gym. The seniors play at 4:00 and juniors play at 5:30. Seniors please set up the gym immediately after school. Thanks.
· There is an opportunity to get community service hours, here at the school on Friday Oct 14th afterschool or on Saturday the 15th, for students who would like to help set up or take down for an international dance competition being held here at Villanova. If you're interested, please sign up with Mr. Paling in room136
· We Will Rock You cast must sign up on Remind. First full cast rehearsals start next week.
- Hey Villanova are you ready for La Nova Villa Café student made lunch masterpieces? Today in rm. 107 from the Hospitality and Tourism program we are starting lunch service Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for both lunches for the rest of the year.
Today we are offering Homemade Jumbo Pizza Slices for $3, Penne Pasta with Grilled Chicken in a Tomato Cream Sauce with Garden Salad and Focaccia Bread $5, and A Jumbo Chicken Caesar Wrap with a Soup Cup of the Day. $5. Hope to see you there.
· Attention all students and staff. Villanova Youth Troop members will be in the cafeteria during both lunches today to promote Breast Cancer Awareness Month by making pink ribbons available to help you show your support for this worthy cause. Please make a donation and wear a ribbon to show your support for those who have fought, and who continue to fight, this disease. All donations are welcome.
- Sign your name in the gym hallway - if you are interested in joining the swim team. There will be a meeting Friday in the atrium during homeroom.
- On Thursday, October 13th we are having our annual Student-Teacher Basketball Game to raise money for charity. The game will take place during Period 4
Students must bring in $10.00 and 3 can goods to their Period 1 class by Thursday October 13th where they will be given a pass that allows them to dress down on the 13th and to attend the game after they have gone to period 4 for attendance.
Students with a minimum of $20.00 in pledges will be allowed to also dress down on the last 3 days of school before Christmas Break - Wednesday, December 21, Thursday December 22 and Friday, Dec 23rd.
The top collector in the school will win a Big Screen TV.
Pledge forms will be distributed to all students during Period 1 today, Thursday October 6th.
Students on First Spare can pick up forms in the Attendance Office.
· Attention GSA members: This week's GSA meetings will be Today instead of Friday.We will be having TWO meetings again. First lunch people please go to 202 on YOUR lunch and Second lunch people go to room 104 on YOUR lunch. New members are ALWAYS welcome.