Announcements December 9, 2016
· The ladies hockey team playing back to back days short handed rode Kristen Swiatoschik’s stellar play between the pipes for a 0-0 draw against St. Anne’s keeping the Wildcats in first place in Tier I play. Villy returns to action next week with games against Holy Name’s and L’Essor before hitting the road for the Southern Ontario Christmas tournament.
· Congratulations to all students who represented Villanova very well with their business Youthrive presentations at the University of Windsor last night including students from Bubble Bliss, EcoScenties, and Distinctive. A special congratulation goes to Joey Corio and Christian Stella for coming in 1st place for their company Youth Vision, and to Levi Rock, Sabrina Mantovan, Amanda Armata, and Shawn Muscat for coming in 2nd place for Wicked Wristers and winning the innovation award. Congratulations also to Levi Rock for winning entrepreneur of the year. Great job Villanova!
· Hey Wildcats! Starting Monday, will be the beginning of our Christmas Spirit week. The cost for will be $5 unless you have kept your previous spirit week pass. The theme for Monday will be "What Not to Wear" and it is a full dress down. Show some spirit & grab the ugliest outfits you own and rock them!"
· There is a very important swim meeting in the atrium. All swimmers go to the atrium right now!
· The music department will be having their Christmas concert on Wednesday Dec 14th at 7pm. The grade nine music class, junior concert band, jazz band, vocal students, choir and senior concert band will be performing. It is a fun evening of music that will put you in the Christmas Spirit.
· Attention all #CHANGEMAKERS! Are you ready for a transformational experience? Consider joining us on a trip to Kenya where you will be able to volunteer on a development project that will empower a community and your spirit. Please see Mrs. Gombai in room 208 if you are interested in more information about this trip. Please note there will also be a Parent Information Session on Monday December 12th at 6:00 at the Board Office.