Announcements September 6, 2017
· All music rehearsals are beginning next week. If you love music and want to play everyone is welcome. Junior band is Monday for grades 9 and 10. If you like to sing, choir is Tuesday, Jazz band which is open to all grades is Wednesday, and senior band for grades 10 through 12 is Thursday. All rehearsals run until 4pm. Information is posted on the music room door number 106.
· The Social Justice Club will be having their first meeting tomorrow after school in Room 206. All members and any students interested in joining the Social Justice Team are encouraged to attend.
· Attention all transfer students in grade 10, 11 and 12, if you are new to Villanova and would like to play for any one of our many athletic teams please stop by the phys-ed department for an OFSAA transfer form. Pick one up today as all forms are due no later than September 15.
· All boys interested in trying out for the junior boy’s volleyball team are asked to sign up outside the phys-ed department. Please listen to further announcements for tryout times.
· Attention Villanova Runners! Cross Country practice begins today after school from 2:30-4pm. Be ready to run in the atrium! There are no tryouts for this team. Anyone who shows up makes the team. A special call goes out to grade 9s to come join the fun! We will also have practice on Thursday this week from 2:30-4pm.
· Grades 11 and 12 students interested in the Europe trip this March, there will be a brief meeting in Ms Bastien's art room (room 113) at 8:00 a.m. this Friday morning.
· Sr. Girls Basketball tryouts continue from 5:30-7:00pm tonight in the gym.
· Attention all students. The honour's recognition evening will take place on Monday, September 25th. A list of those students who have been invited to attend this evening has been posted on the glass outside of the Learning Commons Centre. Please check this list before you leave today. If your name is on the list, please report to the main office immediately to pick up your invitation so that you do not miss the deadline for RSVP's.
· Attention tennis players. If you have played competitive tennis, taken lessons, or are a strong recreational player and would like to try out for this year's team, please see Mr. Carosella this week in room 225 or the science office during lunch 2 for details. You can be on the tennis team as well as another sports team. Try outs will begin Monday after school. Again, please see Mr. Carosella for details about this year's tennis team.