ANNOUNCEMENTS FEBRUARY 26, 2018
· Do you love reading books and even writing your own stories? Villanova Reader/writers club will begin tonight in room 131. This is a student led group just to meet and discuss interesting reads and writing projects. Come and join us for fun casual conversation. Tonight after school room 131!
· Attention all soccer players - There will be a meeting for all those who would like to try out for either the Junior or Senior Boys soccer teams tomorrow morning, Tuesday at 8am in Gym A. That's tomorrow, Tuesday (February 27) at 8am in Gym A for any player who would like to try out for either the Junior of Senior Boys soccer teams.
· Track and field athletes are reminded that workouts begin tonight, in the weight room. Get changed in a Phys. Ed. change room then report to the weight room to sign in and warmup. Tonight’s workout will be indoors. Distance runners are to have both indoor and outdoor workout gear for tomorrow.
· Hey Villanova, we’re back! Starting tomorrow through Thursday, the Hospitality and Tourism program along with the Flying V Pizza Co. and Café, located in room 107, will be serving lunch. Remember, for just $2.50, make us your first stop for a Jumbo Pizza slice. Stay tuned to tomorrow’s announcements for the full menu, and hope to see you there.
· The first tryout for the Sr. Girls Soccer team will take place this Wednesday at the Novelletto Complex from 3:00-4:30. Bring your own soccer ball and $20 to cover the field costs. If you haven't already done so, please sign up for the tryouts on the lists posted next to the door of room 218.
· A reminder that badminton tryouts continue this week starting tonight at 2:30 for juniors and 4:00 for seniors. Please see the schedule outside the physed office for the rest of the week.
· Do you like free cookies and juice? Would you rather give your blood to people in need than to mosquitoes? Would you like to help save up to three lives? If you have answered yes to any of these questions and are 17 or older, please consider donating blood here at Villanova’s blood clinic on Feb 28th. Signup in the Learning Commons for appointment times. Please see Ms. Russo or Mr. Roehler if you have any questions.
· The cafeteria will be closed tomorrow morning during period 1 for the Waterloo Math contests. Students writing the Waterloo math contests tomorrow should have received a notice from your homeroom teacher this morning. If you are writing the math contest and did not receive a notice, please see Mrs. Hyland or Miss Baltrusiunas sometime today. Students writing the math contests tomorrow morning are asked to report to the cafeteria before morning anthem and prayer. You are also asked to read the notices posted in the Waterloo Math Contest Google Classroom you were invited to join a few weeks ago. If you have any questions, see either Mrs. Hyland or Miss Baltrusiunas.
· If you are in Grade 10 and are scheduled to write the literacy test in April, it would be wise to consider taking the after school literacy workshops that will begin on Tuesday, Feb. 27th. If you are interested, please see Ms. Beltran in the attendance office to pick up a letter that parents need to sign in order to register. Don't miss out on this great opportunity.