ANNOUNCEMENTS FEBRUARY 28, 2018
· Hey Villanova, today is another day, and again this semester the Hospitality & Tourism program along with the Flying V Pizza Company and Café, located in rm 107, will be serving lunch Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of every week. Today we are offering our Jumbo Homemade Pizza Slice, perogies with lean bacon and fried onions, baked Flavour Crisp Fries, Mac and Cheese and Garden Salad and Philly Cheese Steak Panini's and salad will also be available. Prices will vary but nothing above $5. Hope to see you there.
· A reminder to track and field athletes that conditioning sessions have begun in the weight room, Mon-Thursdays. If you are not currently playing on another team, you should be there.
· Yesterday the boys' hockey team opened best of three finals against St. Anne's. Despite a 1-0 lead late into the first and carrying much of the play for the first two periods, puck luck was not on our side, and St. Anne's scored a couple of opportunistic goals and added an empty-netter to take game 1. Game two is at 2:30 today. Come out to the Vollmer and cheer your team on to victory.
· Sr. Girls Soccer tryouts begin tonight at the Novelletto Complex from 3:00-4:30. Bring $20 and your own soccer ball.
· This is a reminder that the Social Justice Committee will be meeting after school today in room 206. New members are always welcome.
· Teachers if you found blood drive passes in your mailbox this morning please hand them out right away as appointments start at 8:15. Thank you.
· Any student that missed the after school literacy support yesterday (that was Tuesday), please see Ms. Tellier in room 203 so you can grab the handouts. If you have not yet signed up and want to get a few extra pointers or some extra support for the OSSLT that is happening on April 10th, please see Mrs. Beltran or Ms. Tellier as soon as you can. Ms. Beltran can be found in the attendance office and Ms. Tellier can be found in 203 or prep room 6.
· Congratulations goes out to Luca Chiandussi who swam at OFSAA yesterday in the 50 Metre freestyle, with a time of 24.49, in the preliminary race. It was a great time and qualified him for the B Finals. There, in the B final, Luca came 2nd place. Congratulations on a great swim season Luca! Best of Luck to Gavin Feher who competes today!