ANNOUNCEMENTS MARCH 21, 2018
· Attention Students. The Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test will be written on Tuesday, April 10th. A list of names along with your writing location has been posted on the glass outside of the Learning Commons Centre for those students who will be writing the test on this day. We ask that students check this list today so that you are aware of your assigned writing location. If your name is missing from the list, or is on the list but shouldn’t be, please notify Mrs. Rosati in the main office by the end of day today! Please note that your legal name is displayed and not your preferred name. Students who are eligible to write the literacy test on Tuesday, April 10th are those students who:
o Entered Grade 9 in the 2016 - 2017 school year or . . .
o Currently a grade 10 student or . . .
o New to Ontario or . . .
o Previously unsuccessful in passing the Literacy Test.
· Villanova reader/writers club is meeting tonight after school in room 131. All grades of writers are welcome to come and discuss your work, or books you're reading. We will discuss what it takes to be a writer and platforms for your writing. This is a student led group, all students and grades welcome, after school room 131.
· Villanova debate, model UN philosophy club is meeting tonight after school in room 131. Do you like deep rich conversations about history, life and philosophy, then this is the group for you! Join us today: the topic videos are From Greek Religion to Socratic Philosophy, Plato and Aristotle, and basic logic. Join us for a great brain awakening think tank! Room 131 after school until 4:00.
· Hey Villanova the Flying V Pizza Co. and Cafe will be serving lunch today and Thursday of this week only, and for today we are offering our Jumbo Homemade Pizza Slice, Penne with meat sauce, Perogies with Bacon, Poutine and all meals come with Garden Salad.
· Hope to see you there!
· Attention hockey players: Try-outs for the Jr boys' team resume at 3:00 tomorrow at the Vollmer. Bring $10 and a white and dark jersey.
· Sr. Girls Soccer practice is today at the Novelletto Complex from 3:00-4:00. Remember to bring $20 to cover field costs for the next 3 practices.
· There is a signup sheet in room 135 for the junior girl’s hockey tournament. Games are April 11 and 12th, all grade 9 and 10 female players are welcome there is no tryout. Please take the time to sign up today.
· A reminder that tonight's badminton practice is for all senior team members and junior single players only at 4:00 sharp. All those players going to the tournament this weekend are to see Mrs. Laporta for your permission forms if you will not be attending practice.
· The GSA will meet during LUNCH 2 this week in 202. New members always welcome!